Fabulous Friday Challenge - Chipboard!

Friday, August 24, 2012

We are back with another great challenge, but before we talk about that, we have some changes to share with you! You may have noticed that our Card Sketch Team and our Sketch Along Tuesdays Layout team have both announced that they have shared their last challenges. Here at Frosted Designs, we started out by posting challenges on Friday that encouraged you to use up the supplies you already own... well, we have decided to go back to our roots. Once the current card and layout sketch challenges end, we will no longer offer challenges on Tuesdays. But don't be sad because we have an amazing team of designers who have agreed to stay on and share more inspiration with you over the next six months for our Fabulous Friday Challenges!!  I am excited to say that we will be announcing those teams tarting with our September 7th challenge.
In the mean time, we have a new challenge to get to!
 This week we challenge you to use chipboard on your project.

And we can't forget that we have two August birthdays to share....
Happy birthday to Debbie and Diana!
Now let's see what our DT has to share with you:


"I had these chipboard letters in my stash, and while I loved the style, I had a hard time using the colors and patterns. 
In order to get a different look, I sanded the letters to remove part of the smooth finish, then basecoated them with white acrylic paint, and once that coat was dry I painted them with Antique Linen crackle paint.  Once that layer was dry and crackled, I lightly spritzed the letters with a white mist to complete the "beachy" look for this layout."


Liva used Tim Holtz Grungeboard wings - covered with acrylic paint, crackled with Crackle Accents
and lightly added Holly stickles.

Lori covered chipboard with scrapbook paper and created this day counter for the teachers!


Lori used chipboard letters from my stash on this canvas.  Lori painted some home made glaze over them to tone them down a bit, then randomly covered some of the letters with embossing powder and heat embossed them.

We have a great prize for you this week....

A $20 Gift Certificate to my favorite store....






5 Comments »

5 Responses to “Fabulous Friday Challenge - Chipboard!”

Ashley Horton said...

Great projects this week, Ladies!! And Happy Birthday to Debbie & Diana!! :)

Ellibelle said...

Hi ladies, so sorry I think I was a day too late for the challenge and linked my card to this one. Please delete it as I did not use chipboard. So sorry!

Unknown said...

Nice challenge.had a great time playing along

Lynn said...

Thanks for another great challenge!!

Diana Lynn Martin said...

Thanks for another super fun challenge!

Diana :)
Leelee Card Designs